(This recipe serves 3~4 people)
- potato x 1
- carrot x 1
- sweet potato x 1
- onion x 1/2
- butternut squash (or any other type) x reasonable amount
- broccoli (here replaced by sprouting broccoli and kale sprouts) x 1/2
- red lentil (not shown in the tutorial) x 1/2 cup
- Bouillon x 2 table spoons
1. Wash the vegetables with children if possible.
2. If you prefer to peel some of the ingredients, children can participate too. Remember to remind them that we always move the peeler “away from us”.
3. Adults can cut the vegetables to the size that is manageable for children first.
5. In kindergarten, we would normally avoid children from cutting onions as this might cause irritation to their eyes.
6. After all the vegetables are cut into small pieces, add Bouillon, lentil and reasonable amount of water.
7. Bring the soup to boil, then reduce to medium heat and simmer until all vegetables are softened.
8. Roughly mash the vegetables.
9. Serve the soup with oatcakes + butter.