Classroom Assistant– Alternative Primary Setting
• We are a small, friendly, holistic low-tech independent school for 3-11 year old children set in a beautiful National Trust Park with excellent transport links.
• We are looking for a Classroom Assistant to start in September 2020 to support our class teachers and provide one to one support to individual children as required.
• You would be joining a dedicated team where our children’s wellbeing and happiness is the centre of our vision and our unique curriculum approach.
• Role Summary:
Providing support to children (aged 7 upwards) with language and learning delays.
• Giving extra help through structured interventions so that children with additional needs may access the curriculum.
• Helping to develop a programme of learning activities and adapting appropriate materials for children to work with.
• Preparing resources
• Job Type: 8am – 1.30pm term time only
• Salary: Between £15,000 – £16,000 depending on experience, (pro-rated)
The ideal candidate will be caring, organised and friendly with a willingness to work as part of a team. Core to the school’s values and underlying the school goals of holistic education and academic excellence is a real partnership between staff and families, with children’s happiness and well-being at the centre of that partnership. It’s a close community, with lovely children and parents who are actively engaged in supporting the school.
• Person Specification
We are looking for a caring and efficient individual, committed to the school’s pathways for education provision. These are the specification criteria to identify suitable candidates:
• Teaching experience or a good understanding of Steiner (or other alternative pedagogy including Montessori or Reggio Emilia) is desirable.
• Qualifications: Previous qualifications in teaching,nursery work, childcare, level 2 Award in Support work in Schools, Level 2 Certificate in Supporting teaching and learning in schools or the equivalent
• References. Three impeccable educational, and one personal reference. (Previous/current employers reference essential).
• Next steps
Please email your CV to email@example.com, marked Class Teacher
The post holder will be accountable to the Head Teacher.